Saturday 12 May 2007

Being in Bonn

Well, on Friday I arrived in Bonn from Stuttgart. The train ride was pretty nice. There are so many very quaint villages with the old style houses along the Rhein. And I kept looking longingly at the bike path. *sniff*... next time I'll get to go biking riding along the Rhein, I'm sure.

So, Bonn with my brother. We did a couple of things here. Well, we went to Köln, which isn't really 'here' but was good anyway. We climbed up all 509 stairs to the top of the church. There was so many other tourist there. And bachelor parties. One dude in parlicular, lugging around a big block of wood attached to his leg called 'Jenny' filled the small spiral staircase with clouds of beer breath and sweat. The photo is of Martin and myself infront of the big bell. Didn't come out so good, but I don't think the girl taking the photo spoke German (and I forgot to try English).

Then we went shopping and I actually bought a jacket even though I promised myself I'd buy nothing. I can't POSSIBLY fit anything else into my bags!! Not unless I decide to eat a few containers of pills.

I walked past a lego store in which you can buy pieces of lego, like lollies at the movies, buy weight.

Oh, totally unrelated, but I saw a bank yesterday that had advertised 1.25% interest on home loans!! Crazy hey.

So, yesterday was Mother's Day and we spent it with Martin's mum. Actually, not true. First we went to see some monster trucks, motorcross bikes and cars doing tricks. The photos are firstly of me standing infront of the row of cars that the dude on the motorbike jumped, and secondly the big moster truck going for a casual sunday drive over 3 cars. They did other cool stuff like drive a car on two wheels, and then drive the car on two wheels at slower than walking pace around in a circle. I was a bit disappointed with the motorbike stuff though. I wanted less jumps and more tricks, Crusty Demons style.

Then we went and did the Mother's Day thing and picked up Martin's mum and took her out for a stroll along the Rhein. Most of the time it was a very lovely day but I'd really say the Germany has been like Melbourne so far, 4 seasons in a day.

Anyway, off to Frankfurt (or at least close by) to our dad's today.

Hasta luego.

PS: I do apologise for the boring blog. I definitely think Germany is going to be the subdued part of the trip. Come South America I'm sure something crazy is bound to happen. I just hope I survive it.

1 comment:

shawski said...

more:
- lost things
- bruises
- drunken debauchery
- juvenile behaviour